Calling all members, friends, families and associates,
AEGC is pleased to announce that we will be hosting another quiz night on the evening of Friday 27th January. For those of you who have attended previously you will know that this is always a great night and a lot of fun overseen by our quiz master. Mr. Vice-Captain – Simon Barber.
The entry sheet is located in the main entrance of the locker rooms. Please put your team name down ASAP to reserve your table. If you are unable to get to the club but would like to reserve a space let the office know and presuming we have spaces left we will reserve one for you. We will need to know actual number no later than Friday 20th January which only allows 2-weeks for you to confirm.
To remind you of the format
• The quiz is played in teams of no more than 4 players. We can accommodate up to 25 teams as indicated on the entry sheet. If you don’t have a team of 4 but still want to attend don’t worry – come along anyway and we’ll find you a space.
• The cost of the event is £10 per head which covers food and prizes. This is payable on the night.
• There are 8 rounds of questions, visual clues or sounds across multiple subjects from General Knowledge to TV / Film, Music and of course the now infamous Family Fortunes round.
• There is a prize for the winning team of each round, a booby prize for the lowest scoring team and the overall winning team
• There are regular breaks after every second round and food is served during a half-time interval which normally lasts for 45 minutes.
• The first question is read at 7.30pm and we are normally done no later than 10.30pm. Please arrive in plenty of time to get a drink and be seated.
So if you know who Ba Ba black sheep gave his last bag of wool to, what type of chocolate you get in the purple wrapper of a box of quality streets or think you know your TV theme tunes then this is the quiz for you. Don’t miss out and please come along and support the club.
We look forward to seeing as many of you and your friends as possible.
Thanks AEGC Social Committee