Alderley Edge Golf Club
OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 18.2)
In, over or beyond:
- Any hedge, wall or the inside edge of fence posts bounding the course;
- The boundary ditch to the left of the 3rd/12th holes;
- The car park and paths, patio and flower beds surrounding the Clubhouse;
- The white stakes and boundary ditch to the right when playing the 5th/14th holes only;
- The stakes supporting the net behind the 2nd/11th green.
OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 16.1)
The following are defined as Immovable Obstructions:
- Young trees marked with stakes or yellow tags;
- Man-made paths within the boundaries of the course;
- The drain plugs on the 5th/14th & 6th/15th greens;
- The net surrounding the Men’s 17th tee;
- The fence surrounding the 4th & 13th tees;
- Sprinkler heads; in addition, if the ball lies through the green and a sprinkler head on or within two club-lengths of the putting green and within two club-lengths of the ball intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole;
- The small trench (OOB) to the right of the 6th/15th.
GROUND UNDER REPAIR (Rule 16.1)
Ground Under Repair is marked as ‘GUR’ and/or by an unbroken white line. The flower beds to the rear of the 4th/13th and clearly defined hoof or tractor tracks through the green are defined as Ground Under Repair. Through the green, a ball that is embedded may be lifted, cleaned and dropped without penalty, as near as possible, to where it lay but not nearer the hole.
PENALTY AREAS (Rule 17)
Yellow penalty areas are marked with yellow lines/stakes (Rules 17.1d (1) and (2)).
Red penalty areas are marked with red lines/stakes (Rule 17.1d (3)).
The drainage ditch behind and to the right of the 1st green is a yellow penalty area when playing 1st/10th holes and a red penalty area when playing 7th/16th. Bridges are integral parts of the course.
TEMPORARY LOCAL RULES
Temporary Local Rules are displayed on the notice boards in the Clubhouse.
Penalty for Breach of Local Rule: Match Play – Loss of Hole; Stroke Play – Two Strokes.