Winter League Table at 18th February
Team K are still top with 23 points having halved with the Captain and the Pro who are still in second place with 22 points. Team G are on 21 points in third spot.
Click here: Winter League Table
The teams, the draw for the Winter League and the rules are below.
Click the links:
Simister Cup & Saturday Presentations
Please be reminded that you only have a couple more chances to qualify for this years Simister Cup Final. The final qualifying rounds will be played on 24th February and 3rd March. We encourage you to enter and put your names down on BRS ASAP.
In addition Saturday evening presentations are an important part of our Clubs history. Please if you can attend then do so. Feel free to bring invited guests with you including wives, girlfriends, partners or associates. It is always good fun and you get a FREE drink with the Winners! Everyone gets a mention!
Thank You and Regards
Opening Sides Entry Sheet
Advising all Gents members that the entry sheet for Opening Sides will be posted in the Locker Room on Saturday 10th February during the Race Night. Entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis therefore we encourage players to only put their own names up and not reserve spaces for others.
As always we are expecting a full turn out for both golf and the evening meal on Saturday 17th March. The draw will be made 1-week in advance by the Captain and President.
Thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you at the Race Night,
Gents Golf Committee
'Wednesday Roll Up' - the 2017 results are in !!
The eagerly awaited results and commentary on the 2017 Wednesday Roll Up are now in. On behalf of the Wednesday Roll Up "Brigade", many thanks to Tony Adderley for his organisational and reporting skills.
Happy New Year to all.
Click here to view: 2017 Roll Up results
Christmas Competition -23rd December
The re-arranged 9 hole stableford was played in relatively dry conditions (at last !) but it was still wet in places underfoot.
There was some good scoring with Douggie Burns winning with 21 points on countback from Ian Pearce , Andy Boyle and Steve Lomas -all with great scores of 21 points.
Mike O Regan and Paul Ellis followed in the results table with 20 points .
There was only three twos ( Mike O Regan , Tony Adderley and Mr Captain ) all winning £25.
Thank you to Brian Jones for arranging the hamper prizes.
The AGM was held on Friday 1st December 2017.
Simon Barber was elected as Captain for 2018, Rick Ford as President, Trevor Rathbone as Vice-Captain & Tom Troup as Junior Captain.
Brian Jones, Paul Gosling, John Newsham, Brian Pennington, Paul Grundy, Bill Fisher, Paul Short & Tom Troup were elected to serve on the Gents Golf Committee.
The outgoing Captain, Bill Fisher, remembered the friends we have lost this year: Alan Peak, Jack Unsworth, Brenda Hendry and Norman Coates; and expressed sympathy with those who have lost loved ones, or suffered serious illness.
He noted the Major winners and mentioned the Club Day Out, Captain’s Days to Gents & Ladies, President’s Day and the Charity Day as highlights of the year. The Club raised over £4,000 for East Cheshire Hospice during the year. He thanked all the Members who had served the Club and the Club’s employees for their hard work and support.
He finished by saying “the biggest highlight of the year for me has been you all, the Membership of AEGC. You’re what makes this such a great Club, the only Club for miles around that I’d ever want to be a Member of. Thank you to all of you for your support throughout the year and making it such an enjoyable year for me. I know you will give next year’s Captain your full support too.”
The new Captain, Simon Barber, started by saying that he was extremely honoured to take on the role as Captain for 2018. He thanked both Bill Fisher and Dave Lee for their efforts during the previous year and highlighted the improvements made around the structure of the Gents golf committee.
Simon then went on to outline his plans for the year. He advised the AGM that he had 5 main goals;
- Firstly, the Captain announced that his Charity for next year will be MacMillan. He wanted to add a few additional fund raisers to the social calendar next year and highlighted the great work that Brian Foden does in arranging the annual Captains Charity Day.
- Secondly, he talked about the importance of having a lively social scene at the club trying to cater for the diversity of the membership. In his words, we need new life, new blood, new ideas and shared responsibility to drive this important element of the club forward and called upon those interested to offer support.
- Next Simon talked about how important it is to re-invigorate Saturday night presentations. As such he launched his plans which included.
i. Presentation will be open to all members and guests. If you want to bring your better halves with you on your way out somewhere or just for an early evening drink then please feel free. It is no longer a men only zone! If our Lady members wish to come along – you are more than welcome.
ii. Everyone that attends presentation and played during that day will get a mention. We will no longer base presentations around the Top 10 finishers anymore or you have to shoot below 70 to have your name read out. If you stay behind after shooting a net 99 and finish last then you will still be recognised.
iii. If you have won a prize but do not attend presentation or at least offer sincere and justifiable apologies, then the monetary prize that accompanies the trophy will be awarded to the best scoring player in attendance.
iv. Dress code is relaxed however it is kindly requested that you respect major competitions and dress appropriately otherwise fines will be issued.
v. The last part of the charter centres around the Captain making presentations enjoyable for everyone.
4. The Captain raised awareness around the importance of continuing to drive revenue for the club.
5. And finally, he talked about new events to improve competitive options for golf across the club.
Simon explained that he had enjoyed his year as Vice, quoting his day out at Pleasington as being the highlight. He spoke favourably about the opportunity to share his year as Captain with Rick Ford who was elected as President.
He then concluded with a summary that stated;
- He wanted AEGC to be a place that we all look forward to visiting and when we are here… that we all have fun;
- He wanted the competitive golf to flourish and perhaps for one of our club teams to win a trophy;
- He would like the various sections of our membership to work together, collaboratively to help drive our golf club forward;
- He wanted to increase revenues that can be re-invested into improving the quality of both the course and the clubhouse;
- And finally….He wanted to raise a record breaking sum of money for Charity with all of your support.
- February 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015